The 2022 Ride for Roswell raised:
$ 0 million!
Congratulations to everyone who participated.
Here’s a look at the highlights:
- More than 7,700 riders joined us in the ride to end cancer
- 700 of those riders were patients and survivors
- 800 teams joined the cause, with sizes ranging from two to 100 people
- 4,000 riders said they were riding in honor or memory of someone with cancer — that’s more than half the riders!
The Ride community is making a huge impact when it comes to raising funds for cancer research, new clinical trials and quality-of-life programs. Here’s a look at what your efforts make possible:
- Roswell Park sees over 288,000 outpatient visits each year and has over 46,000 patients under active care.
- Roswell Park offers more than 400 clinical trials with more than 7,000 patients enrolled in one.
- In 2021, more than 50 Quality of Life grants were awarded to bring comfort and joy to patients. These programs included wigs, transportation, translation and financial support.
- More than 20 donor-funded research grants were awarded last year through a peer-reviewed internal competition. These research grants could discover the next advancement in how cancer is diagnosed and treated.
- The seed funding provided through the Ride can help Roswell Park researchers generate an additional $13 in new grant funding from outside sources to continue their research.
… and it’s all because of this community!
Top 10 Fundraisers.
Bill Loecher $169,391.11
Mitch Flynn $65,431.90
Bernice Kuca $40,970.00
John Conciardo $33,900.00
Joseph Curatolo $27,300.00
Lorrie Turner-Benigni $25,926.00
Adam Draudt $25,255.00
Thomas Chrzanowski $21,730.00
Bob Drajem $21,295.42
Barbara Waclawek $21,265.00
West Herr $412,151.31
Kids Just Want To Have Fun! $327,290.42
Danielle’s Wild Birds / Jumbo’s Team $97,300.21
The Donor Center 2022 $92,346.8
Team M&T $82,546.18
Team Salvadore Pedal Power! $76,370
Fighting Irish Fighting Cancer $67,588.62
Rupp Baase Pfalzgraf Cunningham $65,225.92
The Crazy A’s $58,935
Valerie’s Victorious Velocipedists $57,225
In Case You Missed It.
Check out more on our 2022 Celebration of Hope torch lighter, Cheryl Reinhardt. Cheryl kicked off the Ride for Roswell by lighting the ceremonial flame.